Training Cycles are designed to help wrestlers excel based on the time of the year.
- Focus on the techniques and tactics that are effective at the highest levels of wrestling
- Drill and wrestle intensely while covering many areas of technique in all 3 positions
- Stress getting off the bottom, setting up and finishing shots, and being in the best possible condition
- discuss weight management, mat strategy, weight training and mental preparation
- Incorporate strength training and conditioning in every practice session
- Improve and add to your setups and finishes to leg attacks
- Spend considerable time on all aspects of bottom, including change overs, base recovery, clearing wrists and clearing two on ones, not letting legs in and getting them out if they do get in, and of course getting to your feet
- Build individually on tops and what you do best, while adding several tilts, turns, leg rides, and pinning holds
We will drill intensely and with purpose so that you can successfully execute a wide array of essential techniques in competition when it matters most.